This week, both houses of Congress will be in session. The House will consider several financial services bills, including:
- H.R. 4293 – Stress Test Improvement Act of 2017,
- H.R. 4061 – Financial Stability Oversight Council Improvement Act of 2017, and
- H.R. 4790 – Volcker Rule Regulatory Harmonization Act.
The House is also expected to vote on H.J.Res. 2, proposing a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
The Senate will consider a number of judicial and executive branch nominations.
In committee Wednesday:
- The House Committee on Financial Services will hold a hearing featuring Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Acting Director Mick Mulvaney on the CFPB’s semi-annual report as required by Section 1016 of the Dodd-Frank Act.
- The House Committee on Small Business will hold a hearing: “The State of Trade for America’s Small Businesses.”
In committee Thursday:
- The Senate Banking Committee will hold a full committee hearing: “The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s Semiannual Report to Congress.”
- The Senate Finance Committee will hold a full committee hearing: “The 2018 Tax Filing Season and Future IRS Challenges.”
- The House Committee on Financial Services will hold a hearing on oversight of the Federal Housing Finance Agency.
- The House Appropriations Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government will hold a hearing on the FY 2019 budget request from the Internal Revenue Service.
- The House Committee on Financial Services will hold a hearing on H.R. 4311, the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act of 2017.
Read the full Washington Wire here.