Vining Sparks will present a webinar, “Mortgage Market with a Focus on CMOs,” on Sept. 20 exclusively for credit unions. This is the fifth in the 2018 webinar series.
Mortgage related securities fulfill important and diverse roles for many credit union portfolio managers. The wide range of available terms and structures available within the sector provide opportunities to complement varying balance sheet interest rate exposures. Many Collateralized Mortgage Obligations in particular possess traits that can provide specific income and structural advantages relative to other investments. They also require special consideration and analysis. This webinar will analyze the current market for Mortgage Backed Securities and Collateralized Mortgage Obligations, including yield opportunities, liquidity, and price risk. Examples of several structures will be reviewed in light of their appropriateness in an overall balance sheet strategy.
What You’ll Learn:
• The importance of MBSs to a credit union
• Trends in volumes and types of products being issued
• Ways to address changes in prepayment speeds
• How to analyze non-generic mortgage securities
• Identifying value in the CMO market
• Ways to select MBSs and CMOs likely to perform well in flat yield curve environments
The webinar will last approximately one hour. Click here to register.
Leave A Comment