The Southeastern Credit Union Foundation invites credit union professionals to a free Community Development & Resource workshop in Miami, FL, on Aug. 27 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The event will be held at Dade County Federal Credit Union, 1500 NW 107th Ave., Miami, FL 33172.
What’s on the agenda?
- Discussing the benefits of becoming a CDFI.
- Expectations and time/staff commitments.
- Is your CU in a good position to apply for CDFI and new or additional grant funding? Positioning your CU for the best results.
- Expanding community partnerships to provide financial education, products and services to low and moderate income families where they live!
- Exploring free and low cost resources that are available for community workshops.
Let’s get together to have some open discussion about these important topics! Learn from those who have been there along with some experts in the field. Best practices, challenges…we will have some guided as well as open discussion.
Feel free to send one or two staff members. Suggested staff to participate include: lending/collections officer, diversity and inclusion managers, legal and compliance, community development/engagement, financial educators and marketing.
Please email Juli Lewis, director, Southeastern Credit Union Foundation, as soon as possible to reserve your seats.
If you are interested but cannot make the date or would prefer a workshop closer to your credit union, please let Juli know. With enough interest, we will be scheduling more of these types of workshops.
Please note, CUs on Tap will be held in Miami at Beat Culture Brewery later that same evening. Register here.