ULEND Academy is a lending GAME CHANGER. No more wasted hours in classes with great ideas that are hard to implement in real life! ULEND Academy is a hands-on, customized experience that propels lenders from transactional to consultative, meeting members’ full financial needs. The curriculum guides lenders from foundational to advanced skill levels in all lending channels and across all stages of the loan process – origination, underwriting, and closing – with cross-selling, consultation, and compliance woven throughout.
ULEND Academy is set up as a hands-on workshop where participants will discuss, learn, and then apply. This occurs throughout the two days, so application can happen immediately. ULEND Academy graduates will walk out knowing how to use the skills and concepts learned in their daily interactions with members.
EVERY lender from new to seasoned, underwriters and leaders! ULEND Academy is a unique lending experience aimed at helping all lenders, from all levels and various experiences get better at what they do every day.
Registration to open soon.
Attendee Registration: $650
- Recognize personal style and how it is perceived by others
- Identify other styles and comfortably interact with members
- Deliver targeted communications for the appropriate medium and context
Plan & Prep
- Utilize the information from your core system
- Identify what to look for to analyze the needs of your member
- Prepare when there is no time to plan
- Uncover member needs with targeted questioning strategies
- Identify the life stages & goals of your members
- Review the credit report and positively influence the member’s score
Structure the Loan
- Calculate & effectively use basic ratios that apply in lending
- Identify the 5 C’s of credit that translate to risk
- Use compensating factors to build a loan that will be approved for all members
- Recognize opportunities to take smart risks
- Utilize the 5 C’s of credit when analyzing the loan application
- Formulate alternatives that positively impact loan decisions
Present the Right Solution
- Connect products and services to members’ needs and life stages
- Build creative options/personalized packages for every member
- Find ways to say yes to the member
Close with Purpose
- Personalize the experience to the unique needs of the member
- Make appropriate referrals and follow-up as needed
- Set expectations to connect with the member on future opportunities
- Apply the skills immediately during hands-on learning
- Receive immediate feedback from real-time coaching
- Discuss how each step of the member experience applies across the various lending channels
October 6th: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CST
October 7th: 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. CST
More information coming soon.
SAS credit unions ($50 million in assets or less) may apply a portion of their $500 SAS CU Initiative Account to the registration fee for this event or any LSCU or League Service Corporation product and/or service. As LSCU bills your credit union for the events/services used, your credit union can simply write on the invoice that it is to be paid out of your LSCU Small Credit Union Initiative Account. The League’s accounting staff will keep track of the expenditures from your account.
October 6th – 7th
America’s First Federal Credit Union
1200 4th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
$650 per person